Check back in May for registration for the 2013-2014 year!
Share your faith with your children.
Receive support and one-on-one guidance from parish staff and volunteers.
Grow in faith and love as a family.
Join us for our third year of Family Faith Formation at St. Leonard! We offer catechism classes for 1st-8th grade students and parents!
- First Communion and Confirmation are both sacraments that REQUIRE TWO YEARS of FORMATION (either in the parish school or in Family Faith Formation).
- First Communions are celebrated in second grade. Confirmation is celebrated in eighth grade. Therefore, please be sure to be registered as first and seventh graders respectively.
- This is a home based program; as such, the majority of book work will be done at home as a family. Parents will be given all necessary resources and supported through the process.
- Classes will be on the first Sunday of the month from 11:00-12:30 October-May in the school.
- During monthly class time, there will be programs and class work/ book review for the children. Parents will have the opportunity to go over material, learn about upcoming family activities and service projects, listen to vibrant and pertinent speakers, and connect with other St. Leonard parish parents.
- Monthly meetings will be conducted in English and Spanish (sometimes in separate spaces, sometimes together, depending on the needs of the group).
- The cost of Family Faith Formation is $150 per family (with additional fees for sacraments).
- Confirmation 2013 Parent and Candidate Meeting will be in the school hall on Monday, May 7th at 7:00P.M.
- Registrations for 2012-2013 are due to the rectory by Sunday, June 17th.
- In August, Fr. Roger and Katie McKeon will ask each new family participating in our program to schedule a brief meeting with them to discuss the individual needs and hopes of their family.
- Our 2012-2013 year will begin with a celebratory orientation day in September.
Questions or concerns? Please contact Katie McKeon at the rectory at 708.484.0015 or firstname.lastname@example.org