St. Leonard Family Faith Formation
Share your faith with your children.
Receive support and one-on-one guidance from parish staff and volunteers.
Grow in faith and love as a family.
As you may already know, Laura McThay who has been the Director of our Family Faith Formation program is no longer with us. We commend her for the wonderful three years of dedicated service to this program. We wish her all the best in the next chapter of her ministry. In her place, Fr. Alex Ojacor has kindly accepted to be the new Coordinator of our Family Faith Formation program.
Fr Alex is our Associate Pastor who brings with him a wealth of experience in formation and teaching in various institutions of the Church. We hope to benefit tremendously from his knowledge, dynamism and creativity. Fr. Alex in his humility says that he is new in the program and so will rely heavily on the Catechists, the parents and the entire faith community of St. Leonard for the success of this program. Let us support him in every way and let us work together for the growth of faith in our St. Leonard Community.
- First Communion and Confirmation are both sacraments that REQUIRE TWO YEARS of FORMATION (either in the Parish School or in Family Faith Formation).
- First Communions are celebrated in Second Grade. Confirmation is celebrated in Eighth Grade. Therefore, please be sure to be registered as First and Seventh Graders respectively.
- This is a home based program; as such, the majority of book work will be done at home as a family. Parents will be given all necessary resources and supported through the process.
- Classes will be on designated Sundays of the month from 11:00am -1:00pm September-May in the School. Be sure to mark those Sundays as some fall on the second or third Sunday.
- During monthly class time, there will be programs and class work/ book review for the children. Parents will have the opportunity to go over material, learn about upcoming family activities and service projects, listen to vibrant and pertinent speakers, and connect with otherSt. Leonardparish parents.
- Monthly meetings will be conducted in English and Spanish (sometimes in separate spaces, sometimes together, depending on the needs of the group).
- The cost of Family Faith Formation is $200 per family (with additional fees for sacraments).
- St Leonard School Families pay a Sacramental fee of $50.
- Confirmation Parents and Candidates Meeting will be in the School Hall on Wednesday, September 7, 2016 at 7:00P.M.
- Catechists Orientation will be September 12, 2016 in the Rectory at 7.00pm.
- Family Faith Orientation will be September 18, 2016 in the School, 10.0am – 2:00pm.
Contact the Rectory for registration forms. We hope you consider joining our exciting new program!